Entertainment Weekly posted an article online today explaining that the same director for John Carter is in the works of creating a sequel to the beloved Finding Nemo.
Unfortunately, this is all the information the article said. They reminded everyone that the original Finding Nemo is going to be re-released in 3D in theaters on September 14 later this year. Finding Nemo has been Pixar's highest grossing film so far, earning roughly $867 million since it opened in 2003.
The closing statement from EW.com mentions that Disney and Pixar reps declined to comment when approached by EW representatives. Does this mean it could be a huge rumor? Or does Disney want to make an official announcement?
After a bit of research, Huffington Post shared the same news as EW, stating that the director will return to creating a sequel. It said that Ellen Degeneres (Dory) and Albert Brooks (Marlin) are still unknown to return. However, being an avid Ellen Show viewer, I know Ellen would return in a heartbeat.
The end of Huffington's article reveals future projects that Pixar has officially announced, including Dia De Los Muertos, The Good Dinosaur and a movie that is still undergoing construction currently called Untitled Pixar Movie that Takes You Inside the Mind. These are all set to premiere in 2014 and 2015.
The end of Huffington Post's article also states that the Finding Nemo 2 facts have not been confirmed by Pixar. I guess all we can do at this point is wait.
For an Incredibles sequel.
(Sorry, just had to say that) ;)
For more updates on all things Disney, subscribe to The Disney Den now!