The reason for the almost Scottish attempt is in honor of Pixar's latest movie: "Brave." If you have not yet seen the preview for it, fear not, I conveniently have it at the end of this post!
Simply put, "Brave" is about a stubborn royal daughter named Merida, who uses her incredible talent in archery to change her fate and reverse a terrible curse that she had accidentally implemented among her Scottish kingdom. Yes, there have been quite a few current movies that have a brave heroine saving the day with her rebellious attitude, but knowing Pixar and the brilliance they usually create, I'm sure this will be another outstanding hit. (And maybe we'll all be able to forget about "Cars 2".....) Personally, it sounds like a cross between "The Hunger Games" and "How To Train Your Dragon." Leave it to Pixar to create a preview that looks like a mix of those two completely different movies. However, does have a tendency to create extremely short and misleading previews, revealing very little about the plot and waiting for everyone to experience and judge after they've seen the movie. I distinctly remember the commercials for "The Incredibles" only containing one scene of Bob Parr trying to put on his super suit after becoming fat (which actually wasn't in the movie). I thought that movie was going to be ridiculous, but go figure, it's my favorite.
Here are a few fun facts about the movie "Brave":
1. Reese Witherspoon was originally going to be the voice of Merida, but couldn't take on the role due to a problem with her schedule. Now Kelly MacDonald took her place.
2. This is actually the first Pixar film with a female protagonist. Interesting, never really realized that. Princess Merida will also be the first Pixar character to be included in the Disney Princess line.
3. The original film title was going to be "The Bear and the Bow." "Brave" definitely sounds more interesting if you ask me.
4. Try and spot the Pizza Planet truck from "Toy Story"! It has actually appeared in every Pixar film except for "The Incredibles." (I'll be searching for John Ratzenburger as well, he has so far had a voice for at least one character in every Pixar movie ever since playing Hamm in "Toy Story.")
5. NONE of the footage shown in the preview is in the finished film. Looks like Pixar is keeping their pattern just like I predicted!
6. Four of the actors in this film have been in Harry Potter! (My personal favorite.) Kelly MacDonald, Emma Thompson, Julie Walters, and Robbie Coltrane. Reunion!
"Brave" opens in theaters June 22, 2012.
For more updates on Disney movies, rides, and more, subscribe to The Disney Den now!
Check us out on Tumblr, Facebook, and Twitter!